What information do We collect and why?
This policy has been designed to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act (DPA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and successive legislation. It applies to the website we operate. It covers what we collect and why, what we do with the information, what we won’t do with the information, and what rights you have.
- Non-personal information such as web pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many people use our website, how many people visit on a regular basis, and how popular our pages are. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live. It simply allows us to monitor and improve our service. Please see our cookies policy for further information.
- Personal information such as name, postal address, phone number, email address, date of birth (where appropriate), information about your interests and hobbies etc.
You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse the websites. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
We will use the information you provide to:
- fulfil your requests – donations, competition entries, and provision of information
- comply with charity law and other regulations
- identify visitors and contributors
- record any contact we have with you
- provide tailored stewardship of major donors
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
- communicate with our supporters
- if you have agreed to it, provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you
- carry out research and analysis on the demographics, interests, behaviour, responses and feedback of our users and supporters to help us gain a better understanding of them and to enable us to improve our service. This research may be carried out internally by our volunteers or we may ask another company to do this work for us
- provide a personalised service to you when you visit our website – this could include customising the content and/or layout of our pages for individual users.